Just Tag it: How to build a taxonomy and use it to enrich your enterprise content
Mark Leher presents an introductory session on taxonomy and shows you why using taxonomy ensures that you maximize the value and usefulness of your content. In this session, you will learn:
- What taxonomy is and why it’s critical for strong information architecture.
- The differences between taxonomy and ontology
- Why taxonomy is necessary to maximize the findability and accessibility of content
- How taxonomy adds value to content for re-use and dynamic publishing
- A basic framework for building a relevant taxonomy
- An overview of strategies for tagging content with taxonomy based metadata
What can the audience expect to learn?
Attendees gain a strong foundation of information about taxonomy, which is a key ingredient to effective content management and re-use. Taxonomy and ontology are growing in prominence and importance in the CMS world.
Meet the presenter
Mark Leher is an expert on taxonomies and how to use them to make information assets more valuable. For over a decade, Mark has worked with companies of all sizes in building taxonomies, developing taxonomy strategy, and applying taxonomies to information assets. Mark graduated from the University of Washington with a bachelor degree in economics and philosophy and earned an MBA from the University of Denver Daniels College of Business.