DITA Listening Session
This conference session provides both information about regional DITA listening sessions and the experience of one. The DITA Adoption Technical Committee has been hosting a series of regional “listening sessions” to create a forum within which DITA architects, writers, toolsmiths, and editors can meet to share experiences about:
- Where are you in your DITA migration?
- What is going well with your migration or implementation?
- Where are you having difficulty implementing DITA, extending it, or maintaining your commitment to it?
- What can the OASIS DITA committees do to help you?
- How would you like to receive additional information about DITA?
- Do you believe that there is a need for occasional DITA meetings in your area?
What can the audience expect to learn?
Session attendees will receive an overview of how these”listening sessions” are organized, the results of many of the listening sessions to date, and the experience—we’ll do it live. Members of the DITA Adoption Technical Committee will facilitate the session and capture your feedback.
Meet the presenter
Stan Doherty lives in the Boston area and works as a technical publications manager at SimpliVity Corporation, a networking start-up. He participates as a voting member of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee, serves as secretary for the OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee, and supports companies in New England considering DITA. Feel free to contact Stan if you are considering DITA, DITA tools, and DITA-aware CCMSs.