Collaborating with SMEs and Structured Authoring
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are taking an active role in structured authoring activities within many organizations. SMEs are assuming new content authoring responsibilities, collaborating with other experts and professional writing teams. These added responsibilities extend beyond traditional SME roles of reviewing and editing content – pushing the horizons for new capabilities with structured authoring and component content management. The benefits of SME authoring are enormous, but add in a new level of planning, preparation and governance for organizations.
What strategy, planning and support does your organization provide for SME authors? How can a technical writing team benefit from working even closer with SMEs?
What can the audience expect to learn?
From this presentation, you will learn about emerging best practices to support SME authoring including:
• Defining a strategy and business benefits for your organization
• User experience with structured authoring templates
• Extending Component Content Management capabilities and workflows
• Information architecture planning and extensions
• Impacts on content quality, review and commenting cycles
• Collaboration with teams and groups, sometimes with different goals
• Training and communication, sharing best practices
Meet the presenter
Chip is VP Global Solutions Consulting for SDL, managing a team who work with SDL customers in maximizing global content with SDL technologies. He has experience working with customers to develop global content strategies, business ROI adoption drivers, change management and technology adoption for component content management systems. He speaks and blogs about customer successes working closely with industry standards, partners and customers in technology solutions and deployments.