Update: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, CIDM has postponed the DITA North America and Journeys conferences. Please plan to join us in Phoenix, AZ or online September 21-23, 2020.
As the pandemic response develops, we can’t be sure that all confirmed speakers will be able to join us and so we want to allow new submissions. This page is available by request only and we appreciate your patience while we navigate social distance, masks, and safety guidelines.
CIDM is pleased to announce the call for speakers for the 2020 DITA North America and Journeys conferences. These two conferences will be co-located in Phoenix, Arizona, sharing a keynote presentation and exhibit hall, while offering separate breakout sessions. Breakouts may take any of the following formats:
- 40-minute presentation
- 90-minute panel or interactive session
- 20-minute “lightbulb” talk about a best practice, creative idea, or a-ha moment
- Technology Test Kitchen (Presentations by exhibiting companies only)
The DITA North America conference is designed for information developers at all stages of a DITA implementation, from those exploring the possibilities to those hoping to fine tune their approaches and take their implementations to the next level. Successful proposals for DITA NA will address best practices, hints and tips, and use cases related to the DITA standard. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- The business case for DITA
- Implementing DITA
- DITA constraints and specializations
- Publishing with the DITA-OT
- DITA reuse mechanisms
- DITA subject scheme and metadata
- Lightweight DITA
- DITA 2.0
To submit a presentation proposal for the Journeys Conference, Click Here!
Some topics may be appropriate for either event. CIDM reserves the right to accept your proposal into either conference as we deem it fits best. Solo presenters will receive a complementary registration to the conference into which they have been placed with the option of adding access to the other conference’s sessions for an additional $400. Co-presenters and panelists will be charged one-half of the full price registration fee for the conference at which they speak and can also purchase access to the other conference for $400.
Please submit your proposal by completing the form below before July 1, 2020.
By submitting a presentation proposal, you agree to the following:
I understand that if my presentation is accepted for the conference that
- I will be able to attend the DITA North America Conference at no cost (One complimentary registration per presentation only. Panels not included).
- I am responsible for my own travel expenses.
- I will make this presentation at the conference or find a suitable replacement if I am unable to attend.
- If I am co-presenting with a customer, I will ensure that the customer is able to attend.
- The registration fee for Co-Presenters and all panelists is 50% of full price registration.
- All commercial vendors wishing to present a commercial-free presentation at the conference will be required to exhibit if accepted.
- I agree not to repeat the same presentation that I am giving at DITA North America at any meeting, conference, convention, seminar or other group gathering for the period of 150 days before the Event and 150 days following the Event.