Giant Leap Forward – A Reusable DITA Adoption Plan Framework
Adoption of DITA can seem daunting, given the cost and the migration effort required to move legacy content to DITA. This interactive session will provide attendees with a solid DITA adoption plan using a proven framework and philosophy that can be adapted to other projects. Pam promises to share “real life” DITA debacles and project snafus. The names of the innocent will be protected. There is guaranteed laughter surrounding the good, the bad, and the ugly. Attend this session and become part of the conversation. Shared learning equals successful future adoptions.
What can the audience expect to learn?
In this session, attendees will:
• Gain clear understanding of a framework for DITA adoption
• Take away an adoption plan that can be adapted to other projects
• Understand DITA adoption best practices
• Listen to “real-life” DITA adoption stories
• Learn from the mistakes of others
• Understand the importance of a content inventory, DITA model, migration strategy,
Meet the presenter
Pam Noreault is a Principal Consultant, Senior Manager at SDL Inc. She has over 20 years of experience in technical communications, education, and management. She specializes in content strategy, customer engagement, content conversions, and social networking strategies. Pam has an undergraduate degree in education from The Ohio State University and a master’s degree in English and Professional Writing from Wright State University. When not trying out new gadgets or trying to innovate in the business world, she’s hiking with her three dogs.